The SPARK Grants Application Team (GAT) facilitates the grant application and costing process on behalf of the LHP member organisations.
The functions and activities which can be supported by SPARK GAT include:
- Help identify funding calls
- Coordinate grant meetings as required:
- Initial meeting with Investigator, Research Team, NIHR CRN NWC AcoRD Specialist, SPARK Grants Team, LHP Programme Manager, LHP NHS/HEI Leads and others as required.
- Follow-up meetings as required prior to grant submission deadline.
- Facilitate the collation of grant costings and where a LHP NHS Trust organisation is involved, acquire relevant NHS costs from the partners. Costings for grants include but not limited to research support costs, service support costs, per patient costs, hosting fees, external collaborator costs, Sponsorship related costs, third party vendors.
- Facilitate all grant application approvals and sign-offs from LHP member organisations and other parties involved in the grant application.
- Identify Sponsorship requirements.
- Identify required contracts and link investigators in with the relevant LHP member organisations contracts team, where required.
- Sign-post and initiate collaborations where not already established, such as LHP Programmes, RDS and CTUs.